After the American Revolution, former soldiers from New England poured into Ohio after being granted land by the government.They surveyed the land, and sought to develop a state between Lake Erie and the Ohio River.In 1843 the paper moved back to Marysville and was published until 1844. In 1863 it was purchased by the Vallandighamer family and changed to the "Union Democrat", which changed the paper in politics and spent its time attacking the Union government during the American Civil War. In 1883 the "Darby News" was formed in Milford Center and eventually became the "Milford Echo" before folding, the "Milford Ohioan" was formed in 1887, the "Richwood Gazette" in 1872, the "Richwood Reporter" in 1882, which ceased operations two years later when destroyed by fire, and the "Octograph Review". By 1883, the "Marysville Tribune" and the "Union County Journal" were the only newspapers published in the county.
The farms had a total of 9,355 horses, 8,110 milk cows with 14,000 total cattle, 43,727 sheep, and 32,000 hogs. Union County was home to many industries in its original days from hotels, tanneries, distilleries, breweries, mills, asheries, manufacturers, energy production, banks, grocers, and retailers, among others.
The original members were: Eliphas Burnham, George Snodgrass, John F. Robinson, Hiram Kent, Edward Powers, George Reed, Robert Graham, Samuel Gamble, A. Woodworth, George Mitchell, Taber Randall, Joseph Dodds, William Phillips, Thomas Snodgrass, Robert Snodgrass, A. The Columbus and Bellefontaine railroad was incorporated in 1878 and had station points in the county at Marysville.
Sabine, William Porter, Tobias Beightler, Abraham Amrine, Samuel Reed, Ray G. The Toledo and Central railroad ran from Columbus north through the county, with station points at Marysville, Peoria, and Raymond.
After the French and Indian War, the Treaty of Paris of 1763 placed the area under British rule.
Following the American Revolution, in 1783, the area would eventually become known as the Northwest Territory and part of the United States.